This belongs on freebsd-questions.

----- Forwarded message from HiTech Creations Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:24:36 -0600
From: "HiTech Creations Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jacques A. Vidrine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Buildworld problem

We went ahead and did that and managed to get the buildworld to work.

We do have NOSECURE currently defined in make.conf.  We went ahead and
defined NO_OPENSSL and NO_OPENSSH to get around the 'make buildworld'
problem.

The only side effect we noticed occurred after the reboot of the server.
None of our passwords worked.  Keep in mind we are doing this from Texas,
while our servers are in St. Louis, MO.

Of course, we do not allow 'root' to login via telnet, but luckily, we have
another server at the co-location which we have tied to this server using
serial com ports.  This allows us to login as root and rebuild the password
database.

We still have a problem though.
When we attempted to build MySQL in the ports tree, it insisted on trying to
build the p5 stuff and would fail with the error "Could not find mysql.h
while looking in /usr/include and /usr/local/include'.  The error is not an
exact quote.
We went ahead and manually copied mysqld to the /usr/local/libexec directory
and it is now working.

We got the server up around midnight last night, but we would like to get
the problems with the MySQL build resolved before doing this to our other
server.

Any ideas?