On Monday 02 March 2009 08:36:39 new_guy wrote:

> We normally use OpenBSD, but would like to try FreeBSD on a test system.
> Usually, when updating from one OpenBSD release to another, we do so by
> downloading the latest bsd.rd and booting from that to complete the
> install. Our machines have no optical drives. Does FreeBSD have a similar
> method to installation?

You can use nanobsd (toolt/tools/nanobsd) on a flash card and possibly through
PXE, but I'd never tried that. You'd still have to circumvent the bootstrap
of making that image, unless someone on the list wants to share his nanobsd
image.
If the machines have floppies, there are downloadable floppy images.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.