On Tuesday 03 March 2009 13:44:34 APseudoUtopia wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Morgan Wesström
>
> <freebsd-questi...@pp.dyndns.biz> wrote:
> > Glen Barber wrote:

> > Isn't "w...@localhost" a very weird hostname for a relay? Can you really
> > resolve that into an IP address?
> > /Morgan
>
> Hm, I'm not sure where it's getting that from. The MAILTO variable is
> set in the crontab, so it shouldn't be going to or relaying through
> localhost at all, right? It should go directly to gmail's servers?

If grep 'n23LA0td086797' /var/log/maillog only yields one entry, then
something is wrong with your email setup. There should at least be one more
entry from the spooler to pickup final destination. And yes, the
relay 'w...@localhost' seems odd, but since I gave up sendmail for postfix
years ago, I'm not current with how it spits things into syslog.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.