On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:07:51 +0000
Ricardo Jesus <ricardo.meb.je...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Josh Carroll wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM, gahn <ipfr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all:
>>>
>>> How could I find out the list of hardware in my machine? I used
>>> "dmesg" and "var/run/dmesg.boot", it didn't seem to help that much
>>> as I expected.
>>>
>>> which file lists all of hardware in the machine?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Give the sysutils/dmidecode port a shot.
>>
>> Josh

>% pciconf -lv
>man pciconf for further details.

This may not be a popular suggestion; however, the only method that I
have ever found to be 100% accurate, other than opening the machine
up an inspecting it, is to query the manufacturer. Dell is pretty good
about this, as is HP. I am not too sure about others. Of course, if you
have added/changed HW after obtaining the machine, you would have to
factor that into any information obtained from the manufacturer.

--
Jerry
ges...@yahoo.com

OCEAN:
        A body of water occupying about two-thirds
        of a world made for man -- who has no gills.