On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 08:03:49PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> >Today, I successfully portupgraded libsndfile, but afterwards I noticed
> >that my sound doesn't work anymore.
> >
> >Running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0 and have a '82801G (ICH7 Family) High
> >Definition Audio' sound card. Before it was working without any problems
> >with the sound/snd_hda drivers.
> >
> >What can I do to get my sound back up and running?
> >
> libsndfile has nothing to do with sound driver, i'm sure it's still
> working fine.
>
> just do
>
> cat /dev/urandom >/dev/audio
>
> to check
> :)

Nope, no sound coming out of my speakers. I was a bit worried that it was my
audio card died on me but booting from another external HD with FreeBSD,
everything seems to work fine. I'll portupgrade the other HD also to verify if
the same issue occurs.

I've only updated gtar, libsndfile, and ruby18-bdb that day, so I assumed it
had to do with libsndfile.

Hopefully I'll know more the next few days, so don't spend any time on my
problem for now ;-)

Thanks,