since we updated ports on our FreeBSD boxes and so OpenLDAP from 2.4.11 -> 2.4.15 and its sibblings authetication on the first attempt from a client to the server takes a long time. The phenomenon is on several flavours of FreeBSD the same (7.1-STABLE/i386 + amd64 UP and SMP and FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 SMP). When login in on a client which is connecting to slapd for authentication the first attempt takes approx. 10 - 20 seconds to perform. In case of sshd, some users simply hit return getting to the second-try prompt and then the OpebLDAP server performs instantanously. In situations where someone can't perform the first auth-attempt with NULL/RETURN (like automated su/rsync/scp or something else) this behaviour boring.

I tried to sniff on the server-client communication and watched the log but nothing shows up suspicious actions, everything seems all right except the wait on the first attempt.

I try to track down the problem to a misconfiguration, but with OpenLDAP 2.4.11 everything runs fine as expected, so I suspect a change in LDAP.

Besides, this behaviour is also present on freshly installed FreeBSD 8.0 boxes, so I doubt I forgot a relevant package to be updated when recompiling everything necessary to run OpenLDAP and its vicinity ...

freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"

Reply via email to