Chris Whitehouse wrote:
Saifi Khan wrote:
Hi all:

i've looked at tuxmobil, bsdgroup.de etc and i don't want to use
ndiswrapper, or broadcom or additional PCMCIA card at all.

Is there a laptop model (available in market) that experienced
members would like to recommend wherein . the WiFi 802.11 a/g (PCI based)
 . Ethernet port  . and ACPI work absolutely fine with FreeBSD 7.x ?

Coming in kinda late on this thread but... I recently came across a Toshiba Satellite L350 (L355D-S7825). It works quite nicely with 7.1-STABLE.

The only issues are...

   * needed to build ath wireless driver based on some stuff I googled
   * Doesn't recognize on-board bluetooth, modem, or SD card reader.
   * The touchpad surface is flush with palm rest and triggered too easily
   * Display only does 1440x900
   * 2 hour battery life.

Pros:
    * 7.1-STABLE amd64 runs great!
    * Radeon video works great
    * ath wireless and rl0 work great
    * 2.0GHz AMD dual with 3GB RAM
    * Only $600 from BestBuy
    * 17" display
    * Does Ubuntu 8.10 (amd64) flawlessly, even 64-bit flash

This is no high-end HP or Lenovo, but for $600US, it's not a bad laptop for 64-bit FreeBSD. Never tried ACPI features, I just assume suspend/resume will not work and power on/off. YMMV

--
Regards,
Doug