Hi all,

I am running FreeBSD7.1 on an x86 system. When I try to run acroread8 or linux-nvu, both fail with the following error message :

error while loading shared libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Interestingly, 'locate libgobject-2.0.so.0' gives the output : /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0

So I copied /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 to /usr/compat/linux/lib.

Now I get the following message when I try to run acroread8 :
error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0: ELF file OS ABI invalid

Can somebody please help me out ? Thanks in advance.

Manish Jain
invalid.poin...@gmail.com