In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:39:51AM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > /dist is probably (<- means I'm not sure) leftover from the
> > installation process. It may be used by /stand/sysinstall to mount
> > things if you run that.
> I don't think /dist is used by FreeBSD at all.  It was probably
> created by hand or by some other software installed on the system.

No, it's used by /stand/sysinstall. It mounts the distribution cdrom
on /dist when you go to install further distributions. It apparently
creates it as needed - meaning there's no danger in deleting it.

Now to put the 4.7 CDROMs away.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html