guys, this is for any compression experts on-list.  my main desktop is
nearly
        full.  i'm looking for the best means of compressing [mostly] audio
files.
        mp3, ogg, and .flag.  i cross backup among my servers and would like to
have
        the most reasoned approach to compressing my ~/Music/ files.  is
rar/unrar
        better that bzip -9?  is there any new/forthcoming archiver on the
horizon?

        actually, i am looking to buy/build a dual or quad system with two 1.5TB
        drives.  but need help with that ... if anybody inn the seattle area
can come
        over and help me.  for now, i just want to be as sure as possible that
my
        files are saved on at least two systems.

        thanks for any insights here.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix