> Your problem is not xfce but xorg. It went through massive changes in
> 7.1 and it's now mandatory to have a /etc/X11/xorg.conf. You have to add
> Option "AllowEmptyInput" "Off" statement as last line in "ServerLayout"
> section. Doing console command Xorg -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf will
> build you one.  By the way i used the package version of xfce4 on 7.1
> and it's working just fine after i added the above xorg fixes.

That line was already in xorg.conf (it was necessary to get a mouse to
work after the last xorg update in January). However, I did not have
it as the last line in the ServerLayout section. I moved it to the
last line, but that didn't make a difference.

There's still no XFCE menu, and without the ability to update the
settings in XFCE, it's pretty much unusable...

Keith