On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 03:19:52PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> > I think the idea is to get away from gcc with its evil GPL3 license as the
>
> very good move. i wasn't aware that usable GCC replacement exist, as it
> was probably the only reason to keep "communist licenced" programs with
> master FreeBSD sources.

Please don't read too much into my remark, as I don't like to engage in
license ideology debates.   I like GPL, BSD, and all the zillions of other
open source variants.  In my pre-coffee mental haze this morning, I didn't
phrase it in such a way to denote that it was mostly a toungue-in-cheek
comment about the motivation to replace the venerable gcc from the base
system (which, for technical reasons, I personally feel to be a worthy
goal).

-- Geoff