Heh, there were too many factors as possible culprits in the system.
Glen Barber's command started to run, until I cancelled it when my laptop battery died... :D I'm not 100% sure what the problem was, but here's what I did... . The PC has a msk ethernet device, which I wasn't 100% sold I'd use it, . It's also behind a Linux-based firewall (corporate purchase) that ... doesn't always want to work, . I re-csup'd ports, it updated some stuff, but nothing in x11/ . I forgot it for the weekend, went into work, slapped it onto our other network (which isn't behind the Linux firewall), and initiated an install.. it started . Keeping it on the other network, I finished xorg, then installed kde4 with repeated fetch timeouts on both installs. . Remembered I had a broadcom ethernet card... installed it. . Finished installing everything, and is now my primary desktop at work. So, either the bad csup, odd msk ethernet, or the (VERY fustrating) Linux firewall was at fault. Not sure what, but all is working now. --Tim _______________________________________________ email@example.com mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"