On Tuesday 25 February 2003 19:56, someone, possibly Bill Moran, typed:
> Personally, I think it's foolish to just _assume_ that this guy is a
> crackpot.  I understand that his comments seem Trollish in nature, but
> by his responses, I think it's also quite possible that he simply isn't
> familiar with FreeBSD and didn't know what to make of the daemon logo.
> I'm more interested in "why is his ISP displaying the daemon logo when
> there's a problem with his page?"

All I can think is that they use BSD servers and probably wrote their own
error handler (that's the newest big thing amongst ISPs that like to show
off.)

On these custom error handler pages, displaying logos of the web server
software and operating system is common.

Not that I'm complaining, it's free advertising for us :)

--
Willie Viljoen
Freelance IT Consultant

214 Paul Kruger Avenue, Universitas