Hi Micheal,
I was trying to simulate the conditions of the server on a test machine. I'm
pretty sure now I didn't take into account all the network aspects, silly
mistake :-) Its probably my routing. I will check on my routes tomorrow and
get back to you.
I think there is only one active interface though.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Michael K. Smith - Adhost <
mksm...@adhost.com> wrote:

> Hello Eric:
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> Can you provide a little more information about your topology?  Right now,
> you only have one interface defined in your rules, but you are attempting to
> pass traffic between two subnets.  That would suggest you have two
> interfaces and, if so, both need to be accounted for in your rules below.
>  You'll have to have pass/block rules for both.  It looks like this:
>
> 172.16.0.0/16 -> le0 <firewall> -> (some other interface) -> 10.0.0.0
>
> Could you tell me if that is correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> ----- Original Message Snipped -----
> Thanks for all your input so far. I have tried to implement all you
> suggestions but have gotten stuck. I set up a test machine in the office
> with the ip 10.0.0.110  and encountered the following problems:
>
> when I enables antispoofing the firewall didn't work
>
> when I tried allowing the 10.0.0.0 subnet it worked ok but when i tried
> connecting from machines on the 172.16 subnet I was unable to connect.
>
> Can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
Eric Magutu