On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 7:57 AM, regis505 <regis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Broadcom BCM5721 network adapter and I wonder how I can trigger
> the
> Wake-up on LAN feature. ifconfig does not report any WOL options. Something
> I could add in rc.conf or with sysctl to activate it? I am running
> 7.1-STABLE.
>
> Thanks
>
> bge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
>        options=9b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM>
>        ether **:**:**:**:**:**
>        inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255
>        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
>        status: active

FreeBSD doesn't have any hooks in the NIC driver(s) (all of them) that
enables WOL after the machine shuts down.  It is a driver option that
enables that functionality and although there were patches written for a few
chipsets, nothing was implemented into the OS.

Put another way, there is zero support for WOL after you run FreeBSD, since
the FreeBSD driver does not include that hook.

HTH