--On March 29, 2009 11:03:03 AM -0500 Barnaby Scott <b...@waywood.co.uk> wrote:

Many thanks to all who have helped on this one.

I managed to get wine installed without X and it works :) However my
application doesn't :(

Most of the errors are concerned with MS Visual C++ libraries, which I
have unconfirmed indications might be solved with 'winetricks'
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks. However, I think using winetricks
means I need X anyway. So, I will leave it for now and try again after a
bit more research.

Sounds like missing dlls. You *may* be able to just copy the missing dlls into the wine lib directory and get the application to work. I would examine the error messages closely to see what dlls it trying to find and can't.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.