Hi everyone,

I am having some problems understanding how the freebsd boot manager works. I have installed FreeBSD and Linux on the same laptop HD and want to be able to select which one to boot when the computer starts. I installed the bootmanager to to the MBR during installation and when I boot the laptop I am presented with four choices;

F1 - FreeBSD
F2 - Linux
F3 - ???
F4 - Linux

but I am only able to select F1, F2-F3 only make the laptop beep and doesnt load anything. The way I have set up the HD is for Partition 1 to be a FreeBSD Slice, Partition 2 the Linux / Partition 3 is Linux swap and Partition 4 is Linux /home. Any help would be great

thanks,

Brett