At 8:08 AM +0200 3/30/09, Roger Olofsson wrote:
Garance A Drosehn skrev:
At 10:48 PM +0200 3/29/09, Roger Olofsson wrote:

I seem to have forgotten something about /var/log/security and newsyslog.conf. I get wrong mode after the trim.

Excerpt from /etc/newsyslog.conf:
/var/log/security                       644  7     5000 *     JC

Are you sure that's the only line you have for /var/log/security in
your /etc/newsyslog.conf file?  The distributed config file has:

/var/log/security            600  10       100    *     JC

Obviously you have a different entry from that, but did you remove
the original entry?

Hi Garance,

You are correct! I missed the original line. Silly me :^D

Well, I should probably change newsyslog to "do something different"
(he says vaguely) when the same file is specified multiple times.

Thank you very much!

You're welcome.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =               dros...@rpi.edu