On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:09:16 +0300, Vasadi I. Claudiu Florin <claudiu.vas...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:06:40 +0300, Victor Sudakov <v...@mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:

Is "getfacl -d" what you are looking for?

Maybe I didn't speak corectly. I already set the ACL (yes, setfacl -d [...]) but when I do "getfacl file", there is no output that let's mee see the "default" entryes, like in solaris. thus, I cannot be sure it is set; but still it works, so I can't see it, but I see it's effects. bug ?

Like I said before, on solaris one has something like (notice the "default" entryes):

# file: muzica
# owner: root
# group: wheel
user::rwx
user:smbadmin:rwx
user:ftpadmin:rwx
group::---
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:wheel:rwx
default:other:---

But on FreeBSD one has only (notice NO "default" entryes):

# file: muzica
# owner: root
# group: wheel
user::rwx
user:smbadmin:rwx
user:ftpadmin:rwx
group::---
mask::rwx
other::---

Still, keep in mind that althow no "default" entryes are visible, they do theyr job (child folders inherit parent folder ACL)