Boris Samorodov wrote:
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:28:20 +0000 O. Hartmann wrote:

Before filing a PR I will ask for hints for a problem I revealed when
I wanted installing usr/ports/x11/linux-f8-xorg-libs on a FreeBSD
8.0-CURRENT/amd64 box (most recent build_world, ports tree up to
date).
I receive this error:

===>  linux-f8-xorg-libs-7.3 the port should be used with
linux_base-f8, please read /usr/ports/UPDATING.

There was an error at /usr/ports/UPDATING, I committed a fix two
hours ago. You should define at /etc/make.conf variables:
OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8
OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=f8

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/linux-f8-xorg-libs.

Package /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-f8 is already installed, up to
date and Linux kernel module is also running and showing up when doing
kldstat adjacent with linprocfs and linsysfs.

What's wrong?

HTH & WBR

After adding both lines as recommended everything worked well!

Thanks.