Hello,
I have received a kernel Trap 12 error several times now and am trying to
figure it out.
the error occurred today, and the previous time was about two weeks ago.
last time I had to run fsck manually if that proves anything.

uname -a gives the following:

FreeBSD wserver.********.com 7.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Wed Sep
17 13:30:46 MDT 2008     r...@wserver.*********.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MOD
amd64

Google returns results mostly for versions 4.x and 5.x, but it suggest 2 main
things:
test ram, and kernel panic troubleshooting.
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/faq/advanced.html#KERNEL-PANIC-
TROUBLESHOOTING)

Is there a way to test the ram without removing it from the machine and leave
the machine functioning. I've used memtest 86 before, but obviously the
machine has to be offline for this test.

However, I'm a little unsure of the instructions in the handbook on
troubleshooting. namely, it talks about using the nm command, put I can't
figure out the data file to give it as an argument, and second I'm unsure about
using a debugging Kernel on a production server. I have heard that It will
significantly slow down a machine.
Ray