Seur Bors wrote:

As well, if anyone has any web-links to recommended reading, I would greatly
appreciate them.

Samba3 performs excellend nowadays. You should have no trouble at all serving 20 workers. In my setup (7.1-release/amd64/dual x2 3800 amd cpu/gigabit) smb generates only 3-5% cpu load when reading at 50MB/sec.

I would also recommend running swat (zee /etc/inetd.conf), it can really help creating a nice and tailored smb.conf file for you via a webinterface.

I believe that samba3 can even give you Active Directory features and Roaming Profiles, but I haven't looked into that. Samba as fileserver is enough for me.

-- Frederique