I'm in the need of getting a FreeBSD box acting as a router for a 11b wlan.
It seemed to have worked with 11g but the Dell treumobile card which is in an older Inspiron 8000 only seems to understand 11b. It doesn't seem to connect to the wlan my FreeBSD is offering at the moment with the belkin USB AP.

My ifconfig line is

ifconfig rum0 inet 10.0.0.1/24 mediaopt hostap ssid CITYOFFICE wepmode on wepkey 0xf00baf00ba weptxkey 1 channel 1

The SSID is seen by the dell truemobile card but it cannot connect to the network.

Do I have to explicitly force 11b on the belkin ?

--
Christoph