On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 06:30:27AM -0800, sergey dyshel wrote:
> Hi
>
> On my Windows 95 machine I have one share with full
> access (without passwords). When I try to mount this
> share the mounter asks for password although the
> password is empty. Pressing ENTER each time works but
> it's really annoying to press enter each time I mount
> this share. In addition I think it would be a problem
> for automounter.
>
> I use this command:
> mount_smbfs //HOME/C/PUB /mnt/smb/pub
>
> How can I pass the password with it?
>
> If I can't, is there a way to automate this?

> end of the original message

Have you read mount_smbfs(8) manpage? It says:

[...]
     -N      Do not ask for a password.  At run time, mount_smbfs reads the
         ~/.nsmbrc file for additional configuration parameters and a
         password.  If no password is found, mount_smbfs prompts for it.
[...]

Furthermore in the 'FILES' section it states:

[...]
     ~/.nsmbrc  Keeps static parameters for connections and other information.
        See ./examples/dot.nsmbrc for details.
[...]

Finally in the EXAMPLES section:

[...]
     It is possible to use fstab(5) for smbfs mounts:

       //[EMAIL PROTECTED]/public    /smb/public     smbfs  rw,noauto 0   0
[...]

So the answer to your question is:

man mount_smbfs
less /usr/share/examples/smbfs/dot.nsmbrc
man fstab

Hope this helps.

        Francesco Casadei
--
You can download my public key from http://digilander.libero.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B