Good morning all,

I have a situation where I am being instructed to allow a client to access MySQL remotely. We generally put those clients on a VPS and allow them free reign. In this case we cannot, they are on a shared host server. Opening our PIX to allow connections through to MySQL, and relying on MySQL security to be the sole protection, is not something I or my Network administrator is comfortable with.

Has anyone setup two instances of MySQL on the same server? One running just a client's DBs? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

DAve
--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org