Olivier Nicole wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone setup two instances of MySQL on the same server? One running just a client's DBs? Any advice would be helpful.

That is not answering your question directly, but MySQL works finr
over an SSH tunnel.

You'd have your users connect/authenticate with SSH first to establish
the tunnel, then they'd use the tunnel to forward the NySQl
connection.

I doubt the would be an option without a GUI to do everything for the user. I suggested a VPN which we can setup easily with a Cisco Client. No answer back from the account manager on that option.

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org