On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Zbigniew Szalbot <z.szal...@lcwords.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have read the cp manual and I cannot find an option how to copy
> directories without files they contain. Is this possible?
> Thank you very much!

I don't get your requirement.
You'd like to copy empty directories from where to where? Is it a directory
tree or just leaves (TM, patented by me)?
(Leaves are at the same level,, below the branches, while trees contain
branches.

Wildly imagining..from a tree... or branches..

for d in `find /source/path/ -type d`; do mkdir -p /some/path/$d; done

(Untested).

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,