Greetings,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Daniels Vanags
<daniels.van...@smpbank.lv>wrote:

>   Unable to successfully dump | restore over ssh. Source machine
> FreeBSD 6.2, disk /dev/mirror/gm0s1a,
>
>  target machine FreeBSD 6.2, target disk /dev/ad1s1a mounted on /mnt.
>
>  Run dump -0aLf - / | ssh ip_address ''cd /mnt/ && cat | restore - rf
> -'',  dump/restore goes without any errors.
>
>  Fstab fixed, but system failure to boot: BTX halted.
>
>  Please help.

I read up on what the BTX is.  BooT eXtender -- url here
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/arch-handbook/boot-boot2.html

Long story short, BTX is what brings the PC BIOS/CMOS code execution from
16-bit real mode, to 32-bit protected mode.

I've had repeated problems with name-brand PCs that result in a BTX halted.
Whiteboxes/custom builds tend to work the best (and IMHO, last the longest).

So asking the OP to flag slices or bsdlabels as bootable probably won't
help, but I've been wrong before.  :D