I'm using an Intel DG33BU board with a SATA HD and SATA optical drives. Using FreeBSD 7.1 AMD64 I get a kernel panic and subsequent file system corruption when attempting to burn a cd using the burncd utility. I can avoid this easily enough by using cdrecord and growisofs which work as they should. I wanted to alert others using the same or similar boards.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to know why this happens. Is there a planned update to the burncd software or how it addresses the system that might remedy this in future releases?

--David