In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, charles pelletier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> speaking of the new compile method, what does that do as far as memory usage
> is concerned? i'm using a p166 16MB machine as my NAT/firewall and have had
> to add virtual memory space every time i've upgraded using the old method
> (i'm at 4.7 current now). am i stuck with having to do this every time even
> with the newer current method or should i just increase my memory and be
> done with it?

The new method just automates all the steps in the old method, using
tools in /usr/obj if they exist. It won't take any less memory, and
may well take more. So increase your memory.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html