On Apr 20, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Lisa Casey wrote:

Running FreeBSD 5.3  IN /etc/ntp.conf I have:

server time.nist.gov prefer
server tock.gpsclock.com

Your actual question has already been answered, but I'd like to point out that people really shouldn't be using those NTP servers unless you have a very specific reason to. You will get just as good (or better) time and help distribute load if you use

 server 0.north-america.pool.ntp.org
 server 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org
 server 2.north-america.pool.ntp.org
 server 3.north-america.pool.ntp.org

(I'm assuming that north-america is appropriate for you given you current setting).

And if you have a static IP address and a reliable connection and server (good network uptime), please consider joining the pool. It takes negligible resources.

  http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/join.html

And more information about this pool of NTP servers is available at

 http://www.pool.ntp.org/

-j