Orion Hodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The ALS4000 chipset is supported, it's the bios on the machine in question
> bios that causes problems on 4.x.  Try adding the following to your kernel
> config file and rebuilding and reinstalling the kernel:
>
>       options PCI_ENABLE_IO_MODES

Thanks for the info. I tried it, but on boot the same messages came up
about the soundcard. But worse than that, the new kernel couldn't
mount the root file system. Does the PCI_ENABLE_IO_MODES option also
require PNPBIOS? I didn't have PNPBIOS in my kernel config.

I think I'll try hardcoding the resources for the sbc driver and see
what that does.

More advice is welcome.

Jim