On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
Alexander Popov <aopo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, Daniel,
>
> It must be periodic(8), but I have trouble identifying what exactly could be
> the trigger. If I look at /etc/defaults/periodic.conf, it has
> daily_clean_disks_enable="NO".
> With respect to daily checks, I just have the default setup, nothing that I
> added myself.
>
> Are there any other configuration options that I should look at?
>
> Thanks,

Hi, Alexander,

maybe post the part for the disk in your output of your daily security
checks here, would be much  easier to find out what the trigger may be.

What file/directories are accessed, when it comes to that point?

IMHO:  i believe it is just because the hdd is "there", so i think when
the cron runs it just checks that the disk is still there.

thx

D.Dowse

--
The only reality is virtual!