On April 29, 2009, Andrew Gould wrote:
> I need to create flow charts for analytical and reporting processes at
> work.  I had played with the UML editor that came with PC-BSD and noticed
> you could store notes with the objects (very cool).
>
> Can/should UML be used for something like this?

UML is a notation that facilitates communications (amongst other things).  If
UML helps get the message across, there is no reason not to use it.  If you
need to express concepts that traditionally had been captured using flow
charts, UML activity diagrams and/or state charts will likely allow you to do
the same.

Cheers,

-- Norbert Papke.
   npa...@acm.org