Paul B. Mahol wrote:
On 4/29/09, Chris Whitehouse <cwhi...@onetel.com> wrote:
Hi all

I'm trying to get a Linksys WPC54Gv5 wireless pccard working. It has a
Marvell 8335 chip. I've created a module with ndisgen and I can see
ndis0. When I up it with ifconfig I immediately get repeated messages:

Apr 28 23:23:19 pcbsd kernel: interrupt storm detected on "irq11:";
throttling interrupt source

As soon as I down the interface the messages stop.

I've also tried starting ndis0 with polling

# ifconfig ndis0 inet 192.168.1.20 polling

but still get the messages. I guess this driver doesn't support polling.
Or I've got the syntax wrong.

That command is not currently efective at all for ndisX(I yet have to
see if it is possible).

According to vmstat -i irq11 is used by cbb0 and pcm0. ndis0 is on irq9

irq9: cbb1 ndis0++

This is on PCBSD 7.1 which is FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE

Any way I can get this thing working?

Try yo disable cbbX if you dont use it or enable MSI for pcm0 (if possible).

This is a pcmcia card in a laptop so cbb is needed :( There is no reference to msi in the pcm man page so I guess it is not available for this system. (Paul I saw a post from you on multimedia about msi in hdac and sure enough there is a reference to msi in snd_hda(4) man page). Am
I looking in the right place?

The bios is minimal so can't turn off sound or one channel of cbb.

Chris