On May 2, 2009, at 8:50 AM, Frank Denis wrote:

  Hello Josh,

Le Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:55:10AM -0500, Josh Trutwin ecrivait :
Because I programmed a custom cart solution for one of my customers,
their merchant account is doing a monthly server scan to check for
known vulnerabilities.

  Great.

I've had to endure these scans, myself, and I must say that they helped a lot. The scans are pretty thorough and they made me re-think some things I was doing... particularly limiting access to ports that I thought 'needed' to be open, but actually just needed to be open to a small number of outside addresses. Thank goodness for PF... would hate to try to pass one of those scans without a flexible firewall.

-- John