On Tuesday 05 May 2009, per...@pluto.rain.com wrote:

> Mike Clarke <jmc-freeb...@milibyte.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Monday 04 May 2009, per...@pluto.rain.com wrote:

> > > ? #!/bin/csh
> > > ? clear
> > > ? vidcontrol -C
> > > ? exec /usr/bin/login.real "$@"
> >
> > But this wouldn't prevent someone scrolling back with the scroll
> > lock key before logging in. I assume the OP's requirement is to
> > stop people from seeing previous users console activity.
>
> That's what the "vidcontrol -C" line is supposed to accomplish,
> based on my reading of vidcontrol(1) and earlier messages in the
> thread.  Granted I have not actually tried it.

Yes, "vidcontrol -C" will accomplish this, but my point was that
including this as part of the replacement login script is too late. You
don't need to be logged in to use the scroll lock and pg{Up,Dn} keys.
To prevent people seeing the previous users activity you would need to
clear the console buffer at the logout stage.

--
Mike Clarke