Mel Flynn a écrit :
On Tuesday 05 May 2009 17:37:42 Martin Turgeon wrote:
Hi everyone,

It's the first time I'm using freebsd-update to upgrade my system to a
new release. I just upgraded the base system from 7.1-RELEASE to
7.2-RELEASE and everything went fine. I now wanted to upgrade my jails
to the new release but freebsd-update is telling me that's already
updated...

freebsd-update -b /usr/jail/mysql/ upgrade -r 7.2-RELEASE
freebsd-update: Cannot upgrade from 7.2-RELEASE to itself

Should be able to trick it using:
env UNAME_r=7.1-RELEASE-p5 freebsd-update -b /path/to/jail

(based on a quick source scan, untested).

Thanks for your answer, it worked great!

But, I'm still wondering why this is necessary? I didn't have to do this last time.

Thanks for the info,

Martin