On Wednesday 06 May 2009 10:39:24 am Odhiambo  ワシントン wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM, <af300...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've found in the handbook how to start up a v6 router and some other
> > helpful links on this topic at the FreeBSD diary. However, I'm
> > wondering, how do I configure the router to assign addresses to
> > hosts.
>
> Nice question. I wonder if isc-dhcp-server can already handle IPv6
> addresses. I, too, am interested in knowing and I guess it's time I
> start learning these IPv6 stuff.

Is there a reason you need to control the addresses used by your clients
(other than the prefix)? I set up IPv6 on my LAN and while I have DHCPd
running on the router for IPv4 addresses rtadvd is all I needed for IPv6.
Clients assign themselves addresses based on the network prefix they
learn from route solicitation and their own MAC address. That's supposed
to be one of the "reduced administration" benefits of the new
protocol. :)

JN