Yep - or at least make sure the client is in "debug" mode - it may spew
out the messages/codes you're wanting in debug mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Lowell Gilbert
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:45 AM
To: Eddie Chen
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ReturnCode Checking for FTP

Eddie Chen <ec...@nyx.com> writes:

>          On my AIX and Linux system we don't have fetch installed. I
> Googled  "fetch", can't found the download  URL for "fetch".

If you need the same behaviour from your ftp clients on all platforms,
you will need to install a different ftp client on at least some of
them.  The native ftp(1) programs are quite different on all three of
those platforms are quite different.

I hear ncftp is nice.

                http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."