I'm going to take another stab at this.

I'm wondering if I can use autofs on FreeBSD. Last time I asked the question someone said I need amd, which I found rather cryptic. I later discovered that there is a amd-utils in ports and an amd directory in contrib under source.

So, is amd a kernel module? A separate program I compile? Should I build the ports amd-util instead? Will that give me autofs functionality?

I've searched the web for howtos, but they all seem to be for LInux, not FreeBSD. It even seems the latest stuff for amd on FSBD is for 6.1. (I just upgraded to 7.2 STABLE today.)

Has anyone ever done this?  Is anyone successfully using autofs on FBSD?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst