Hello list,

I know that, since my printer speaks Postscript, I don't need CUPS. But some of the ports I'm installing want to install CUPS as a dependency. The first one I happened across was java/jdk16, but I'd be surprised if there weren't more.

Could it be as simple as
  # make -DWITHOUT_CUPS install
? I see no such possibility in either the config options or the Makefile for jdk16, and google was no help.

It's not like the disk space costs anything nowadays, but I chafe at installing unneccesary bloat on my system. If it can't be done I'll deal, but I'd like to stay CUPS-free if possible.

Thanks very much for any insight.

$ uname -mv
FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE #0: Fri May 1 08:49:13 UTC 2009 r...@walker.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

--
Chris Hill               ch...@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]