On Thursday 07 May 2009 05:48:10 Tim Judd wrote:

> 2) Install portaudit and watch the periodic mailings that are sent to you.
> They list vulnerabilities in ports that really should be addressed.

Not really. You can use the same common sense as with the base system and even
more so (for the base system I just install them always, as it doesn't pay off
in the long run to skip them). Portaudit for a (web)server has a lot of
notifications that "are not critical", like several issues over the last year
with php's safe mode that any sane webserver admin doesn't use.
--
Mel