At 09:42 AM 5/7/2009, Pieter Donche wrote:
FreeBSD7 with isc-dhcp30-server.
It hands out an IP address, OK,
but the BASH environment variable HOSTNAME is not set. Why?

(A DNS server is active on the network and can succesfully be queried from a FreeBSD bash command (nslookup or host) to see the hostname associated with the IP-address)

I have a later version of dhcpd running on FreeBSD without problems. If your DHCP scope is setup correctly and your DHCP clients are getting settings that work, I'm not sure what is the problem you are experiencing. You hostname variable can be set in the startup bash (or any other shell's startup scripts) scripts on login.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.