First of all I`d like to say thank you for putting up with all my amateur questions. I hope I can be of use here on the list some day...:)

I had CUPS working nicely on an networked HP cp1515n from all machines in the house. But after upgrading FreeBSD and ports to 7.2 my FreeBSD machines states this problem when reaching login : /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 : shared object "libcups.so.2" not found, required by "cupsd"

I guess this has something either to do with cups being recently upgraded, or I have negelcted inspecting a file when doing mergemaster during upgrade to 7.2

Googling and reading the handbook etc haven`t enlightened me so far....

Anyone have an idea or a know a online source that can help ?

While I am bugging you anyway, I have a problem getting my permissions for use of my Packard Bell scanner with xscan not as root to stick when I rebbot. It all works nicely when I chmod every time, but where and how to make this stick ?

Blessed be

kenneth, Norway