Steve Kargl wrote:
>I'm trying to running the GCC testsuite, which is not an
>interactive job.  Once it starts, it writes to stdout when
>an error occurs or the testsuite moves to a new major

I think you'd better use screen. First, ssh to your machine, start screen
without any parameter, then start your tests. You can leave ssh afterwards.
Your test will continue to run within your session.

To continue your last session, just ssh again to that machine and:

screen -r -x

Hopefully answers your question.

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465