Pieter de Goeje wrote:
On Wednesday 13 May 2009 09:34:56 O. Hartmann wrote:
The problem occured after the installation of an ATI HD4670 graphics board, on which one can find an additional HDA device found by the kernel before the on-board HDA device is found. So many clients, like vlc, mplayer etc. do have problems - they either play no sound through the usual pathways (via on-board soundcard/chip and the attached speakerset and/or headphones). I see 4 mixer-devices: mixer0 through mixer3. mixer0 seems to be attached to the graphics-card, mixer1 shows the usual devices I recognize and mixer 2 and 3 are unknown to me, they show up only 2 facilities.

To make things simple: is there a way to change order of the found HDA controller?
sysctl hw.snd.default_unit=x where x should probably be 1 in your case.

Regards,
Pieter de Goeje

Great!
Thanks, this 'solved' it, simple, shiny, perfect ;-)

Oliver