Hi--

On May 18, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Peter Steele wrote:
This is basically what we doing. When the handler is triggered we set a global variable to indicate the system is shutting down. I also signal a condition to wake up a sleeping thread. The lack of log messages indicate that this handler never gets called and the system carries on as if the kill -2 never happened.

You're not trying to send a signal within the signal handler itself, are you? That won't work-- signal delivery is blocked when you're already running in a signal handler. Also, note that trying to mix signals with a multithreaded process is complicated....

--
-Chuck