On Wednesday 20 May 2009 22:56:26 alexus wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Herbert J. Skuhra <h.sku...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > 2009/5/20 alexus <ale...@gmail.com>:
> >> inside of my jail i get following emails...
> >>
> >> adjkerntz[25058]: sysctl(set: "machdep.adjkerntz"): Operation not
> >> permitted
> >>
> >> i dont remember getting these before...
> >> i did changed time zone recently though...
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > You can disable adjkerntz in /etc/crontab:
> >
> > #1,31   0-5     *       *       *       root    adjkerntz -a
> >
> > And then run '/etc/rc.d/cron restart'.
> >
> > - Herbert
>
> would it brake something?
> i didn't find it in manual, if this is normal shouldn't it be cover there?

There are various things in cron and periodic that don't make sense to run in
a jail, because a jail cannot modify kernel time and read various /dev
devices. I have this line commented out in my jails and nothing breaks, just
less annoying emails.

You might find this list useful as well:
# cat /data/jails/tpl/RELENG_7/etc/periodic.conf
daily_clean_rwho_enable="NO"
daily_accounting_enable="NO"
daily_status_disks_enable="NO"
daily_status_rwho_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_chksetuid_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_chkmounts_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_ipfwdenied_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_ipfdenied_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_pfdenied_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_ipf6denied_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_kernelmsg_enable="NO"
monthly_accounting_enable="NO"

--
Mel